Get ready for an overload of adorableness. The Prettiest Pet in Pink Parade returns for the 4th time at Sakura Sunday and is guaranteed to be “awwww” inducing. With up to 20 creatively clad pups, the judging will be tense. Audience members can vote for their favorite at the Subaru Love a Pet tent for 30 minutes after the parade. Don’t miss a minute of furry fun.
If you’re just watching, action begins at the sun dial around 12:45 pm, but come early to make sure you get a good vantage point. Fan voting will commence as soon as the parade finishes and winner should be announced around 1:30 pm.
Parade Your Pet
If you think your pup has what it takes to bring home a prize, come to the Subaru Love a Pet tent near the sundial to register him or her at the between 11:00 am and 12:00 noon. Only 20 contestants will be accepted, so get there early to insure your place. Complete rules and details below:
1. Stop by the orange, “Subaru Love A Pet” tent located at the Philadelphia Horticultural center on April 14th between 11:00 a.m and 12:00 pm. Complete a registration card to receive your official entry number. One dog entry per family only. Don’t be late!
2. Make a suggested donation of $10.00 (cash only). 100% of donations will go to a local animal shelter.
3. Line up at the Sundial near the orange “Subaru Love A Pet” tent promptly at 12:30 p.m for the start of the competition
3. Animal companions for adoption will parade at 12:30 p.m. (Great time to adopt!)
4. Prettiest Pet in Pink competition begins at 12:45 p.m.
5. Audience voting takes place immediately following at the “Subaru Love A Pet” tent. Audience must line up at the Orange “Subaru Love A Pet” tent to vote. Voting is open for ½ hour only following the competition close. Only one vote per person. Vote for dog by their number only.
6. Winners announced at the sundial 15 minutes after close of voting.. Prizes distributed along with special Subaru dog-tested gifts for all participants. Dog handlers must be with their pet during the announcement or their prize will go to the dog with the next dog with the most votes. If there is a tie, those dogs will parade one more time and audience response rules.
Remember, if you are looking for a pet companion to please consider adopting before shopping. Animal companions will be available for adoption at this event. Have a family discussion before the event and consider adoption.
Not open to employees or family members of the following: Subaru of America,Inc., Japan American Society or sponsors of the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival.