Get ready for an abundance of pink, canines, and cuteness. The Prettiest Pet in Pink Parade returns at Sakura Sunday to bring back the “awwww” inducing dogs and pups in their favorite outfits. With up to 20 creatively clad pups, the judging will be tense. The best part? You, the audience, will get to vote for your favorite in this prettiest of showdowns. Don’t miss a minute of furry fun.
If you’re just watching, action begins at the sun dial around 12:45 pm (full schedule), but come early to make sure you get a good vantage point. Fan voting will commence as soon as the parade finishes and winner should be announced around 1:30 pm.
Parade Your Pet
If you think your pup has what it takes to bring home a prize, come to the Subaru Tent near the sundial to register him or her at the Sundial between 11:00 am and 12:00 noon. Only 20 contestants will be accepted, so get there early to insure your place. Complete rules and details below:
- Stop by the Sundial, marked on your map, located at the Philadelphia Horticultural center on April 9th between 11:00 a.m and 12:00 pm. Complete a registration card to receive your official entry number. One dog entry per family only. Don’t be late!
- Make a suggested donation of $10.00 (cash only). 100% of donations will go to a local animal shelter.
- Line Up at the Sundial near the Subaru tent promptly at 12:30 p.m for the start of the competition
- Prettiest Pet in Pink competition begins at 12:45 p.m.
- Audience voting takes place immediately following at the Subaru tent. Audience must line up at the Subaru tent to vote. Voting is open for ½ hour following the competition close. Only one vote per person. Vote for dog by their number only.
- Winners announced at the sundial 15 minutes after close of voting. Prizes distributed along with special Subaru dog-tested gifts for all participants. Dog handlers must be with their pet during the announcement or their prize will go to the next dog with the most votes. If there is a tie, those dogs will parade one more time and audience response rules.
Not open to employees or family members of the following: Subaru of America,Inc., Japan American Society or sponsors of the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival.